And we're off!
I'm finally giving in to the little voice in my head that wants to keep a blog. I have weighed the pros and cons... and cons... and cons... and decided to go against my better judgment and embarrass myself publicly. My sister, The Wise Blonde, told me as I was growing up to watch everything I do and say because one day it would inevitably all come back to me when I ran for President. I recently realized that, since I never plan to run for said office and in fact have less political savvy than my 9 month old niece, I may as well let it all hang out. The way I figure, it boils down to this:
PROS:
- My little head voice is quite amusing at times. Why not spread the love?
- Blogging will help me get back into using English correctly. I've gotten terrible about capitalization, grammar, and punctuation while lazing about on MySpace and Gmail. I'm not sloppy enough to do that in a blog. Or at least, now that I've set that rule, you can call me on it.
- Apparently, we're in this "real world" thing now. Most of my friends are gainfully employed and spread throughout the U.S. as well as a few other choice countries. This means that email communication is seriously lacking amongst even my best friends (with me being just as guilty as the rest in keeping quite a few in my inbox for "later"). There's something a little less wrong about bookmarking a short lil blog.
- As I now work in a "holler" with [wonderful!] "folks" who I suspect are all somehow "kin" in quite a few less than 6 degrees, I need confirmation that the outside world does still exist in order to not get sucked into the aforementioned "holler."
- I can now spare my poor MySpace friends the dread of seeing yet another survey pop up with my name next to it.
CONS:
- Who likes a blogger?

1 Comments:
Dude, bloggers are the clique of the future, duh! Welcome aboard :)
Post a Comment
<< Home