I am not friends with these people!
Ok, I have realized recently that I am gradually sliding over to the Facebook camp from MySpace. I used to hate FB and love MS. (*Note that whenever I abbreviate it is because I am lazy, not using geeky slang. Note that I also realize the irony of typing two sentences to explain being too lazy to type out two words.)
Anyway, now I can't stop checking FB. The thing is, with MySpace you never really miss anything. You can sign in after a week and see everything the whole world has posted on your bulletin board, and unless you are a total stalker and need to know every comment that is exchanged between your friends, there is no recon necessary. With Facebook, the newsfeed - which I originally hated and in some ways still do - is undeniably addicting, and this is because it disappears as new items are posted. So if you don't sign on one day, you can miss the fact that your roommate signed up for the "My roommate's an emotional mess" group and thus not know you need to put pretzel crumbs all over her bed (hypothetical example, people).
But FB has GOT to get rid of this "people you might know" sidebar. At first glance, I thought that was awesome. Hell yeah, I know Tracy Roski! But then I was like, what the hell, I know who Felicia Fleming is and have no problem with her, but I don't really know her and do not need to be FB friends with her; yet every time I sign on now it tells me I am supposed to be. And who is this Meara Swathminakaralatchahada person? Ask me once. I can handle even handle twice. Ask me 23525807 times, and I'm starting to actually have an aversion to Miss Swathimathi, even though I have no idea who she is. FB stop being so greedy and be satisfied with me becoming friends with a girl I haven't hung out with since preschool. For real!!
P.S. I am adding to this blog a horrific follow-up: it is now suggesting a frat-party maker-outer. haha! yeah right I'm adding him, it was bad enough seeing him in the dining hall for the next 3 years!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home