theburgblog

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I used to think I could read...

... but I have no idea what a student just wrote on our chalkboard. I think it is a name. Normally, a child's name is one of the first things he/she learns to write. In the cases of many of my students, I would say their names are pretty much impossible to learn to spell... more of a 5th grade task than Pre-K, for sure. As my favorite George would say, "Hokie schmokes." I have no idea what T'odaidh spells. I'm fairly certain I'm not breaching any confidentiality rules by posting that name, since I'm fairly certain it's not spelling anything, but who knows.

It's great to have a job that I could pretty much continue undaunted if jailed (i.e. for breaching confidentiality, which I am of course trying not to do, which is in turn hindering my blogging). I think I might even get a raise if I blog from the inside. I'll try not to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home