theburgblog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Miracle #48301 of my career at this school

Today someone stopped to let me cross over to school in the crosswalk. You have no idea how surreal this was. In general, I consider the chances of being a victim of a hit-and-run outside my school much higher than the chances of being peacefully waved across - with good reason. This is such a bad probability that I usually do not even bother stepping into the crosswalk to wait for such a possibility.

I do what I can: put on my allowed-in-school badge, hoist my file bag over my shoulder, and have my tell-tale cup of coffee in one hand. All of these signs should point to me not being a white girl lost in the hood who deserves a hit-and-run, but rather a nice lady coming in to help your kids in one form or another. Nope, no luck... until today. I have new faith in humanity and heightened pedestrian confidence! Now to get on to that "helping kids" thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home