theburgblog

Friday, November 28, 2008

I have awoken!

I took a little blog hibernation unintentionally (actually I didn't even realize it until just now). Apparently being 28 is not conducive to blog-writing. This week has been a crazy psycho whirlwind of family and friends dealing with funerals, emergency surgeries, emergency road trips, oh and not talking to me and not telling me they were doing so. Now that 75% of that has passed as painlessly as your mama's big fat kidney stone, I am back. So pretend I've been in a turkey coma for a week instead of just the last few hours.

Now I'm in Roanoke enjoying my 3 seconds of fame. Who needs 15 minutes of it, anyway? We DVR'ed the CNN special last night and, at my mom's request, have watched my appearance on it about 12 times so far. Good thing it only takes a few seconds each time!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. My traditions were mutated due to the aforementioned family non-speaking-ness, so I only had one big ol' meal on T-giving for the first time in about 20 years. In 30 minutes, the family and friend reunions reignite for another jolly day of giving thanks. I will especially give thanks if I get a ticket to see Twilight this afternoon. I totally have tummy room for movie popcorn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home