theburgblog

Monday, June 19, 2006

Operation wedding: complete.

Over and out. I was commissioned to write a blog about Erin & Jon's wedding. This is quite difficult to do without coming up with names for the unique moves I saw on the dance floor. By far the best moment of the reception was when that spiky lady came up and screamed, "I'm drunk!" with both hands up in the air like a rocker. Well, not by far... a close second would be the two Innocent Maureens' sexual escapade comments. I think the poor girls were scarred for life by their family that night. What a perfect wedding! Everything went off beautifully and everyone looked gorgeous. A bit weepy at the father-daughter dance, but at least it overshadowed Father's Day. Jon and Erin are so perfect together, so it was a real celebration for everyone involved. I'm feeling a little un-bloggy... I'm sure there's more to write.

Then we went to Arlington to stay with Chrissy's sister. We went out to Front Page with some of Chrissy's friends, but after partying since 2 pm, I was a little beered out (can I trademark that phrase? I feel as if it may be quite useful). Then my car got towed Saturday night. I am too unbloggy to talk about it. Is there a worse job on earth than being The Tow Truck Man? Everyone hates him. Seriously, try to think of something worse. Anyhow... now Chrissy and I are at my sister's in Richmond playing with my niece. I'm obsessed! On to Charlottesville for dinner with UVa friends, then back to the Burg and work tomorrow. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home