theburgblog

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Quick, somebody get me pregnant!

(Sometimes I just like to make people spew their coffee when they check my blog. I am, of course, just kidding.)

I have the best baby naming idea ever. I'm going to start a new trend in which all traditional family names and consideration for the child's future feelings and personality are thrown out the window.

Why do we name our kids after long lost relatives who we have never even met? Why not name them after someone much more influential in our daily lives, such as, say, "Tina Fey Holcomb" or "David Archuleta Holcomb." Our elderly relatives (the ones who get tickled pink to have their great-grandchildren be their "juniors" or "thirds") will have no idea who these modern day heroes are, so they will think they're random names and will not be offended. Of course, it would suck if the trend didn't catch on and you were the only one in your 3rd grade class named "Flo Rida Holcomb." Hmm.

What do we think... suggest this to my 9 months prego sister, or might she hurt me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home