Once again, books take the cake
I've gone back to my roots this weekend. What roots, you ask? Tequila shots and choreographed Cyclone dances? No; even further back than that. Back in the days before I was an English major, I (gasp) LOVED reading. I mean, I was a total bookworm. My major took a little bit of that from me, since I had so much to read that I could not read it all, much less read anything extra for fun. Even after graduation, it took a while for me to really read for fun.
Gradually, it has come back to me, but this weekend has been "back to me" like when I used to pack a kazillion books in my hot pink weekend suitcase out to my dad's house for two days, just in case I finished them all and ran out. It was fab. I finished one book ("Good Things" by Mia King...I'd give it a C), read another book ("The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Jeff(?) Haddon... A), and delved into a third ("The Human Stain" by Philip Roth... too early to tell). I am a VERY slow reader, so this has been a marathon for me!
Don't worry, I still found time to imbibe a little of the nectar and play an hour of Photo Hunt at Blake's bar. I am also back to TV tonight, although my current favorite show, "Intervention," is disappointing me tonight. Not only are they splitting the hour-long episode over two cases, but one is OCD, not drugs/alcohol. WTF? Not my cup of tea. Maybe they could tell I was getting addicted to the regular format and content. I crack myself up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home