theburgblog

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Nut Lady

I'm going to be with the Nut Lady for a week. My first Harvest of Hope camp of the year starts tomorrow in Washington, D.C. This one's a little different from most... we'll be working in agencies and soup kitchens, handing out sandwiches in parks, going to other nonprofits like Bread for the World for presentations, and meeting with legislators on Capitol Hill about poverty legislation... as opposed to gleaning in fields. The Nut Lady is part of my crew. I have not yet met her, but she wants to bring nuts to feed the squirrels. She may have missed the concept: we're there to feed people, not rodents. Any of you D.C. locals who want to come do-good with us, give me a call - that would be awesome. The group is mostly high school and college age. If you don't have my number, call someone who does... I'm not posting it here, because the Nut Lady has friends.

Anyhow, Katie Lucas, I won't be around to blog this week, so you will actually have to do work. I don't know why you like reading my blogs anyway... they even bore me. I will get better!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! LOVE IT! Ah, Lauren, rodents need to eat too... Good luck with the "Nut Lady." Maybe you can just leave her on the Mall.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home