Trying to sustain brain function
... while my roommate watches "The Real Desperate Housewives" go shopping. [Sigh.]
I'm back from Roanoke. It was a nice weekend of relaxing, but I never felt up to staying up past 11:00, much less going out on the town, so I was forced into good behavior for lack of anything else to do. Friday I stayed home sick and slept until 3:40 pm. Who does that?
Anyway, about my last post: I retract the statement that all of you would enjoy "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" at some point in your life. I do think many of you would. However, I realized that with this book I was acting like my brother does with his music - that because he loves it, everyone else will, too; and trust me, that is NOT the case. Over and over, he makes me listen to some new band that is just absolutely awful in my opinion. Books are for me what music is to many people. I can take or leave music and generally like at least half of what's on the radio at any given time. It is a bonus for me, a soundtrack - for many people it is lifeblood. I accidentally like good bands sometimes, and I totally respect and obsess over great lyrics - but to me that is verging over into my arena, reading/writing. I will readily admit that I have pretty bad music taste overall.
Ok I'm rambling, but basically some of you wouldn't like "EL and IC." The thing that sucks about rambling on a blog is that my freaking computer is being annoying so it is taking a full second to produce each letter I type, making corrections incredibly slow, too. Argh. So I quit. See ya later when I have something funny to say.
Oh, I did get my hair cut this weekend - short. Entertain yourself imagining what it looks like.

2 Comments:
Can you put a live feed on your blog? That way I can be really obsessive about reading you blog. :-)
Girl I don't even know what the hell that means.
Post a Comment
<< Home