theburgblog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mystery Fruit

To prevent my stomach's growls from disrupting the company's internet signal, as they are getting that loud, I am snacking on a deliciously juicy tangelo. Sadly, I must admit that I purchased said tangelo from Walmart on Tuesday, not a local farmer. I had to go buy coffee for the company - our one free perk here at the office (pun intended, congratulate yourself if you caught it), and I chose Walmart for the cheap price. This is such a conundrum: I know shopping at Walmart is bad for small businesses, but then I also wanted to save SoSA money since - as some of you know - we keep costs low to provide food for 2 cents a serving. What to do?!

Anyway, the point is... at Walmart, underneath the tangelos, there was a kind of fruit I'd never seen before. I looked up at the sign to see what it was, and it said "Mystery Fruit." Now is that a real type of fruit, or should I add incompetency to my "cons" list for shopping at Walmart?

FYI, Angela An I am expecting an answer to this question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home