theburgblog

Monday, March 10, 2008

It smells like MAN up in here!

There's a man visiting our office who smells like my 10th grade boyfriend. I guess he has some throwback cologne on. Sadly, he is an old married pastor with a family, not in fact my 10th grade boyfriend come to reconcile with me.

This brings me to another oddly relevant point. For some reason, I thought of said boyfriend the other day for the first time in ages (after all, 10th grade was 11 years ago... how scary is that?). This guy totally cheated on me, which ended our relationship, and looking back it seems that I could not have cared less. I don't remember ever being mad at him or even fully realizing the fact that he cheated on me. It's not like he tricked me; I just really think I didn't care. Granted, it was 10th grade and a few-months relationship, so it's not like we're talking Divorce Court here; but still! Why wasn't I pissed off? All I remember is him telling me that this girl (one of the girls a year younger than us who I affectionately referred to as "sophomore skanks" when they hit HS) said she wanted to see his dad's pet bird (this is not a euphemism) and then when they got in the room she took her shirt off. Seriously, this is only now sounding strange to me. What planet was I on? My trips down Memory Lane have got some serious day trips on the side.

Uh oh... the pastor's heading this way. Hold me back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home