theburgblog

Monday, June 30, 2008

Jobs - something you and I have in common

Well, not really in common; I am looking for one and you (presumably) already have one. But we're both probably thinking the same thing right now, shortly after lunch time on a Monday afternoon, which is that we don't really want one. I was going to go hang out with my sister and clan today, but she'll make me feel guilty if I haven't applied to another job yet so that is what I'm doing online. Can't you tell? Blogging is a legitimate job-search break. I mean, I have to entertain the masses.

Yesterday I went to church. Technically, I went to two churches. One was ending as I got there. D'oh! But I did meet some nice people there. Then, since it was 11:04 and there was only one church with an 11:00 service within sight, I went to a Baptist church. It was a Free Will Baptist church, which I thought was just the name of it until my mom (who grew up Baptist) informed me that that is a type of Baptist. Um, yeah... not my type, for sure. I resolved to not make fun of it on my blog because that's just not nice, but suffice it to say that the old man who hugged me twice and gave me candy was not the creepiest part of the hour and forty minute service. Yes, one hour and forty minutes. So, the church hunt will resume in two weeks, since I'll be out of town this coming weekend. It's on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home