Speaker shenanigans
I thought the funniest thing that would happen today would be my debut at my school's staff meeting. (While I work for a nonprofit servicing several schools, my office is in one particular school where I will have the most cases.) Wanting to introduce myself in true form, I said my name and then answered the requisite question, "How long have you been teaching?" When I responded "35 years," the room went dead silent. I heard a couple people whisper "Wow" before saying, "Um, that was a joke." Just like to start things off on the right foot... wouldn't want people thinking I was all serious and stuff. The meeting, while waaaaaaaay too long, was actually great; lots of funny teachers and catered lunch - yummy!
Anyway, I was totally upstaged once back in my office. First of all, I almost had an out-of-body experience because they kept turning the intercom system on and off, making me jump about 3 inches out of my chair each time.
But then... ah, then... they paged someone on the intercom and forgot to turn it off. Holy SH*T it was hilarious! These women do not play around. They started talking about so-and-so needing to get her letters up there and how they were not going to wait around. Of course, the whole school staff is listening. Finally, after maybe 2 minutes, we heard the other teacher call up to the office and say, "You know I can hear you, right?" with all KINDS of attitude. Sadly, they cut off the intercom at that point, so I missed whatever verbal beatdown occurred.
Note to self: must stay on good side of people in control of the intercom.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home