theburgblog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A time to laugh

About an hour ago, I cried about a stupid guy. Through my tears on the phone with my best friend, I said, "One day I'm going to laugh really hard about this one, but I'm not ready to laugh about it yet."

60 MINUTES LATER: I'M READY.

This is so flipping absurd. How do I meet these freaks??

This weekend I attended wedding #2 of 2012. It was a really great time - the couple is perfect for each other, the setting was perfect for them, and a guy in the band was perfect for me. *So I thought.* Well, really, so HE thought. Midway through the wedding, a bridesmaid brought me his business card and said he was interested in getting to know me. Flattering, right? I checked him out through the crowd of dancers and found him cute. Yes, sir, you have peaked my interest. However, as cool as you know I am, I continued to just dance and hang out with my friends. After the wedding, though, he approached me as I was on my way out the door. We talked a few minutes and he got my phone number and asked if I'd like to have lunch sometime. Seemed like a normal, respectful, nice guy.

Spoiler alert: HE IS NOT.

As you might be able to tell from my lack of blogging (sorry), I'm in a busy spot right now - always having something to do for work, school, babysitting, etc. So a few days have passed, and then tonight he texted me and I gave him a call. The convo was going fine until he said, "Well there's one thing I should be honest with you: I have a girlfriend that I live with." Um, what?

Again... what?

W
h
a
t
?

As I was initially speechless, he started rambling on and on about how their relationship has been on the rocks - for about a year. Um, break up. He asked if that was a dealbreaker, to which I responded, "Well maybe not, is she cool? Would she cook us dinner or something?" Oh no wait I didn't say that I said YES OF COURSE IT IS A DEALBREAKER. Who the hell is that not a dealbreaker for? I considered hanging up on him but decided to be more polite, so after listening to him try to tell me why it would be okay to still "just get to know each other" (hello I have no time for that when I'm already 95% certain from this suggestion that you are a psycho), I said, "Well you have my number, so once you stop being confused and work out your issues, give me a call then"... to which he laughed and said he is not confused. Ok, let me rephrase... I know this situation is not confusing to you because you are having your cake and eating it too... what I'm confused about is why the hell you think I want to go on a date with you.

So yeah, I'm ready to laugh about this one now. Even though in the back of my mind it is making me wonder if I really am going to be single forever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

wow! wish you had been sarcastic, though, because i would love to hear his answer!!!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home