theburgblog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weight a minute!

Just a minute, I promise... because weight should not take up as much of our time as it already does.

Weight issues drive me crazy for many reasons. And, yes, I at times dislike my own weight, and at times try to change it. But more than anything, I hate everyone else's complete obsession with weight! Most of you already know this, so let me skip forward to my point:

[Most, if not all] overweight people do not sit around eating fast food constantly and never leaving their couches. Some of us MAY eat fast food more than we should, and some of us MAY not be as active as we should. But I get so annoyed when my mom asks what I've been up to that day and, when I mention I went on a walk or to the gym, she acts super surprised and says something like, "Oh, are you trying to lose weight?" Um, fat people exercise. Maybe not as much as we should, but yes WE WALK. And then there are the eating questions. The other day I told a skinny coworker that her salad looked delicious, and she got a complete look of shock on her face and asked, "You eat salads??" WTF. Seriously? Of course I eat salads. Who doesn't eat salads? People are just so weird. Leave us alooooooooooooooone, weight-obsessors! We're doing just fine and have better butts than you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

oh my gosh I cannot believe your co-worker said that. Also, your mom's comment is hilarious to me because you know I can relate!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home