FLO-RIDA
What's the title of this blog - a U.S. state or a hip hop band? Well, my friends, it's both. When I first became obsessed with the song "Low," I was surprised when my car radio flashed across that the singer was Florida. What a dumb name, I thought. Why not Mississippi or New Hampshire? Then the lightbulb came on (ok, the DJ) and clarified that it is spelled Flo Rida and pronounced Flow Rida (as in Rider). Aaaaaaaah, got it.
I happily discovered a retro-looking coffee mug in the back of one of our office cupboards (certainly a genuine 70's artifact, knowing this place) that says "FLORIDA" across it with rainbows and palm trees. I'm using it now... to represent.
I deluded myself into thinking that the singer Flo Rida must not have realized that he in fact named himself Florida... until last night. There's a new spot on MTV featuring none other than Flo Rida himself as he explains that, well, he's from Florida, he likes to flow, and he likes to ride. Whodathunkit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home