On the upswing...
... but still a little ticked. Immediate boy issue resolved, but still desperately in need of chocolate to complete the bad mood remedy.
Still, my feelings last night / this morning made me think: why do we deal with so much crap? Granted, in this case (as in, to be honest with myself, probably many others) I overanalyzed and overreacted and generally took other frustrations out on one poor little man who made just a tiny little slip-up. But this case aside, in my life I have dealt with a lot of B.S. from guys, and I have dealt with a lot of friends dealing with B.S. from guys. It's all part of life, I guess... and not to say guys have it much easier dealing with girls.
But this morning, I was stewing in feminist pissiness and these women came into the office to sign up for our bus rider program to go visit - you guessed it - Some Guy in jail. After that, three more girls came in to sign up to visit Some Other Guy in jail. When I work Saturdays doing the bus program (which is only occasional, since usually I work with the kiddies during the week), it is 95% people going to visit Some Guy - brothers, boyfriends, husbands, dads, sons, grandsons who are in jail or prison. Only a handful of my kids have moms in jail; most of their incarcerated parents are dads.
Obviously we women will continue to put up with guys' B.S., or the human population will literally cease to exist. But must they continue to be so socially and emotionally challenged??

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home