theburgblog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Baggage

I can't remember if I've posted about this show before or not. Forgive me if I have. Scratch that - thank me for the reminder to watch it. "Baggage" is the new game show hosted by Jerry Springer. It is a high quality dating show in which one person chooses between three possible people to date after they reveal 3 deep, dark secrets about themselves. Then, the person they choose gets to decide whether to date THAT person or not after they reveal THEIR deep, dark secret (just one).

Recently, I argued with someone - I can't remember who - that the girls' baggage is never as bad as the guys' on this show. For example, the guys may reveal that they have a 1-inch package, slept with their ex-fiancee's mom, and have $700,000 in debt from online poker. The girls tend to reveal things like, I spend $100 a month on manicures, I change my hair color every 6 months, or my car got repossessed - things that are not necessarily enticing, but not psycho.

I wish I could remember who I argued about that with (it was during a night out with many people and many beverages; lighthearted bantering of course, not a fistfight) so that I could retract my statement. I'm watching an episode now and the girls are freaking PSYCHO! My favorite moment so far was when this one girl revealed that she wears 3 bras at once. The great part? Her explanation: "This started when I began trampolining." Hmm... sounds like a good story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home