theburgblog

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break '08! Woohoooooo!

I'm in withdrawal from Spring Break. 'Wait a minute,' you're thinking. 'Where did she go and why hasn't this been mentioned before?' Well, folks - I went to the Bahamas. And London. And the Bahamas again. Yes, these Spring Breaks were years ago, but I am in a serious withdrawal from them in '08.

Can we start a trend where it's normal and even expected for mid- to late- 20-somethings to go on rowdy Spring Break trips each March? Yeah, yeah, I know I can take vacation days and go on some pansy-ass trip with the one or two friends I could possibly convince to take off at the same time and spend some $$$. But that's not what I mean. I'm talking about the Spring Break trips where alllll your friends are going, no question, and you're getting some crazy "all-inclusive" deal that means you will drink as many Bahama Mamas as is physically possible, go scuba-diving even though you're afraid for your life, and hop on a banana boat due to lack of brain function from the aforementioned Bahama Mamas... all because it's already paid for.

I don't want to be at work. I don't want to have a job. I do want to have a paycheck. I do want to go dancing. I think I'm having an existential crisis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home