theburgblog

Friday, May 02, 2008

Millions of peaches, peaches for free!

I apologize for getting that song in your head, if indeed I just did. I never liked that song. But since that's what I've been working on this afternoon (getting millions of peaches, peaches for free), it seemed to be an appropriate blog title.

I despise cold calling, and that's essentially what it's come down to for planning our Mississippi-turned-Arkansas HOH event. Without casting a lot of blame over the www to people who won't read this anyway, suffice it to say that my boss and I are doing a lot of legwork from VA, which is just dumb and inefficient. How many people will respond, "Definitely!" when asked by a disembodied 12-year-old voice (me) if they will allow 70 teenagers to ravage the means of their livelihoods (their fields) for leftovers? One, to be exact. So please keep the planning of this event in your prayers!

Weekend, where are you??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home