The Joys of Craigslist
I don't know how people moved before Craigslist. It is so useful! But have no fear, this post is not about how I have found great deals on the site or made some cash selling my own junk (although both statements are, in fact, true).
The most necessary part of Craigslist is actually its usefulness as a procrastination tool. I mean, I didn't know I had the opportunity to buy a rooster in Richmond with just a few clicks of the mouse. Nor did I realize the extent of people's horrible taste in decor(just saw a dazzling ad for a rug with a giant tiger staring up out of it). Whenever I'm about to pack a box, I can just slip downstairs, turn on my laptop, and within minutes I have fully convinced myself that it is absolutely necessary and efficient (both time- and cost-wise) to be on Craigslist instead of actually being productive. I'm on the verge of becoming one of those CL addicts who buys tons of stuff she doesn't need just because it's only $2. But don't worry - one more reply to my furniture ad on there that starts with "Need money? Let me tell you my story" will probably swear me off the site just in the nick of time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home