theburgblog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not bloggy-woggy, but on the upswing

Several factors have combined to make me feel zip on the blog idea front lately. I found out Monday that one of our oldest (as in longest-term) family friends has leukemia. They are still doing lots of tests, but the outlook is not good. She already started chemo less than 24 hours after the diagnosis, which is of course very aggressive. The good news is, she's feeling very positive. Please keep her (Carrie) in your prayers, as well as her parents, Roger and Linda. They already lost Carrie's brother in a car accident several years ago, and I can't even imagine how scared they must be that they might lose their other child. So please pray for all of them, wisdom and strength and healing and understanding and peace.

This all came the week of major family drama in a friend's life and also the 8th anniversary of my dad's death. Fun times!!

BUT I am currently in an air-conditioned office with internet access and not a whole lot to do, at least not with any deadlines. So I have decided to turn on "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" in the background while I do filing. I find this completely appropriate, and - true to my predictions - it is pleasing me greatly. Perhaps I shall even find something funny to blog about soon. Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home